Thursday 22 September 2011

Glee 2011

Hello,
Just back from the 2011 Glee show at the Birmingham NEC and I'm completely shattered, apologies to anyone awaiting an email reply, I will get onto it in the next few days I promise!
Myself and Jenny the General Manager at Country Love Crafts arrived on Sunday to set up the stand and filled it with amazing Decoart and Decopatch products before leaving to arrive at the hotel.
We booked into the Holiday Inn Express located on the A45 in Birmingham.
The hotel had only just opened and I have to say it was truly fantastic!
This was my first time with holiday Inn and I can fully recommend this particular hotel.
One of my big bug bears about many hotels is the fact they will charge you ridiculous amounts per hour for a simple internet access, the Holiday Inn was completely free,  well done Holiday Inn!
The room was absolutely immaculate and fitted with a queen-sized bed that had a choice of either a firm or a soft side to sleep on. 
My only complaint would be that the lighting was very dim,  trying to paint or even applying my make-up in the evening was completely impossible lol!
DSC_0183

As soon as the show opened Jenny started work on her fabulous recycled wooden chair using just Americana Acrylic Paint combined with Decopatch and I made a start on Scotty the dog pictured below!
2011-09-19-10.02.392011-09-19-11.18.39

2011-09-19-13.47.342011-09-19-17.52.27

Our famous Decopatch tree below also made an appearance and was very popular with the crowd!
2011-09-19-17.52.37

John Collinworth, National Account Manager for ExaClair also joined us over the three days, here is some of his handy work!
2011-09-20-16.52.30
Thanks John for such a wonderful evening on Tuesday night, the food was exquisite!
OK I had better get back to finishing preparations for my demo at Coleman's Craft Warehouse this coming Saturday.
take care everyone,
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.