Good Morning Fiona here.
Todays project focuses on the use of Antiquing Cream and the versatility of this product and not just for highlighting cracks I must say. Think Big and you may be pleasantly surprised.......
Here's a list of products used.
Decoart Media Fluid Acrylics- Carbon Black.
DecoArt Media Antiquing Cream- Black.
DecoArt Media Ultra Matte Varnish.
DecoArt Chalky Finish- Carbon.
DecoArt Extreme Sheen Metallic- Tin.
Stampendous Skulldoggery Stamp set- Andy Skinner.
Tando Creative Grey board Sheets.
Now onto the project.
I love creating with grey board and constructing things from scratch. Here I will show you just how easy it is to achieve.
I started by die cutting three frames from Grey board and covered them with embossed cardstock.
Next I gave them all a coat of DecoArt Extreme Sheen Metallic in Tin. This stuff is awesome, great coverage in just one coat. The back sides of the frames were all given a coat of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic in Carbon Black.
Next step was to give all frames a coat of DecoArt Media Antiquing Cream in black.
Once the Antiquing Cream had dried it was wiped back with a baby wipe to reveal a lovely aged tin effect. All pieces were then given a coat of DecoArt Media Ultra Matte Varnish to seal and protect.
The inside offcuts of the frame were all glued together and given a coat of the extreme sheen paint again.
The skull stamp from Andy's Skulldoggery set was stamped onto a piece of card coated with the extreme sheen paint and embossed with black embossing powder. This was then attached to the arch piece and then attached to a piece of grey board coated with DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic in Carbon Black which completed the back panel of the lantern.
Next was to die cut 8 decorative strips for top and bottom of lantern and all were given a coat of DecoArt Fluid Acrylic in carbon black and when dry a coat of DecoArt Ultra Matte varnish.
The top of the lantern was constructed from Tando Grey board assembled and then given a coat of DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylic in Carbon black.
Embossed Cardstock was given the same treatment as the lantern sides and attached to the lantern top.
Finished off with a small grey board square painted with Carbon Black Media Fluid Acrylic.
All pieces were then assembled and attached to a Grey board base and a decorative trim added along with a little holder inside to house the battery operated tea light. A plain wooden candlestick was given two coats of DecoArt Chalky Finish paint in Carbon and when dry a coat of DecoArt Media Ultra Matte Varnish was applied to protect and seal. The lantern was then glued to the candlestick base.
Here's another image of the finished piece.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and I have inspired your imagination to create using grey board and a few basic supplies which I am sure you all have.
Love your lantern and than you for the tutorial xReplyDelete
Brilliant and fabulous tutorial. Tracy. XReplyDelete
This is AWESOME Fiona! I can’t believe you made all that from greyboard! It looks stunning and so original! Carol xReplyDelete
You are just so awesome!ReplyDelete
Wow! Outstanding! Thanks for sharing your creative process with us.ReplyDelete
Love love love ❤️ !!!!!ReplyDelete
Looks so cool.
Carla from Utah
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالجبيلReplyDelete