Saturday 30 June 2018

Mixed media journal cover by Monika Maksym

Hi all!
It's Monika here, today I would like to share this fun and quick project made using your favourite Andy Skinner's stamps and of course Decoart products.




To start with, I've primed my journal cover with black gesso. For this project I've used Decoart Media Fluid Acrylics in Metallic Gold, Primary Yellow and Decoart Americana Premium Acrylics in Yellow Green Light and Sap Green.
I've squeezed a few dots of paint on the craft mat and started rolling my brayer to get an even, thin coat, then run it through the surface. I've repeated this step with all of the colours few times until I was satisfied with the background. i've also added a light wash of Burnt Umber around the edges and book plate which was painted in gold first.



Once your background was dry I've stamped my choosen images and words using black Archival Ink.





These embellishments were made with Shrink paper (stamp, cut out, shrink and tint with media fluid wash)




Decoart Heavy Gel Medium was used to stick the metal pull to the cover and little book plate at the bottom.




Thank You for stopping by, I hope You've enjoyed my post.

Monika, x 
 Products used:


Steampunk Stamp Set

Unexplained Stamp Set

Fossils Stamp Set





 Media Fluid Acrylics in Metallic Gold, Primary Yellow , Burnt Umber
Americana Premium Acrylics in Yellow Green Light and Sap Green
Black Gesso
Heavy Gel Medium

Facebook page:  Love Creations
Instagram: Love Creations

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous great colour choices love it

    ReplyDelete

  2. Nice information. I’ve bookmarked your site, and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account to get updates instantly. dll files fixer serial key free

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.