Morning all Fiona here today with another post for the Andy Skinner Creative Team.
I've been having a play with two of Andy's new grey board kits Tagtastic and Call me Already manufactured by Tando Creative which were released at Stitches this week, along with his new stamps Tech Trauma and Word Up from Illusionary Artists.
Here's a quick rundown on how I created it.
1. base coat the large tag from the Tagtastic kit with DecoArt Media Tinting base and dry.
2. Stamp the tag with images from The Tech Trauma Stamp Set using Watering Can Archival Ink.
3.Cut and emboss different sizes of squares and rectangles from Tando Creative Greyboard and coat
with DecoArt Media Tinting base.
4. Attach greyboard pieces to tag on one side. Then in a couple mini mister bottles add Cobalt Turquoise hue and Paynes Grey Media Fliud Acrylics to water and spritz over the tag.
5.Take the Small phone dial from the Call me Already kit and apply Andy's rust technique. To the dialled numbers paper provided in the kit apply Andy's aged paper technique , stamp a number from the Word Up set and them emboss with clear embossing powder.
6. Apply some DecoArt Texture Sand Paste to the cogs and when dry add DecoArt patina antiquing cream to the cogs then coat with DecoArt Media Ultra Matte Varnish to seal.
7. Arrange the cogs and the phone Dial on top of the Embossed Greyboard pieces. Add some art stones in places with DecoArt Heavy Gel medium and when dry brush With DecoArt Metallic Lustre in Black Shimmer.
8. Add rusty wire , some paint splats in black and white Media Fluid Acrylic and coat edges of tag in Paynes Grey Media Fluid Acrylic to finish.
Here's a close up of all the detail.
Hope you have enjoyed this project and look forward to the next.
List of products used.
DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics:- Cobalt Turquiose Hue, Paynes Grey, Quinacrodone Gold, Carbon Black ,White.
DecoArt Media :-Texture Sand Paste, Tinting Base, Heavy Gel Medium.
DecoArt Metalic Listre:- Black Shimmer.
DecoArt Media Antiquing Cream:- Patina.
Other:- Archival Ink Pad:- Watering Can. Clear Embossing Powder, Rusty Wire.