Wednesday 24 October 2018

Ouija Skull

Hi everyone Dee here its been a long time since I was on here so very sorry hope you like the piece that I have done for Halloween. It uses lot of different ideas that kept changing as I worked on it but I have always loved this arch that Andy designed for Ministry of Mixology so great to get a chance to use it.
 I started by gluing down the tissue paper with Matt medium then using a mix of pastes started to apply the pastes randomly over the frame leaving bits of tissue paper exposed. I set it aside to air dry.
Next I took the base and gave it a coat of gesso followed by Cobalt turquoise premium paint. I then applied the Prussian blue and the gold. Once dry I stamped the ouija board to the top and gold embossed it.
 I cut die cut the wings and heated and rolled the Bubblelux I then assembled them had trouble getting the bubble lux to accept the paint so gave it a coat of gesso and followed with burnt umber and carbon black. The edges were tipped with gold Guilding wax.
 My skull was given a coat of transparent yellow iron oxide followed by black antiquing cream, I knocked it back with a damp cloth till I was happy with the result and put a blue bead in one eye and clay cogs in the other. The main frame wash coloured with a build up washes of  Prussian blue, yellow iron oxide and quinacridone gold. Patina antiquing cream was used to age it all and touches of gold building wax was used to pop the colour. 

I hope you all enjoyed my project as much as I did creating it.
Cheers Dee X

Andy Skinner SKULDOGGERY rubber stamp set
Andy Skinner SKULDOGGERY 





Andy Skinner Resurrection

Compass Small Set of 5




Cobalt Turquoise Premium
  • Cobalt Turquoise premium 
  • Prussian Blue Premium Acrylic Paint.


Media: White Crackle PASTE
Media 
  • White Crackle Paste, 
  • White modelling Paste, 
  • Texture sand Paste.
  • Matt medium
  • White Gesso


Fluid Acrylics: Burnt Umber
  • Fluid Acrylics Burnt Umber, 
  • Carbon black, 
  • transparent yellow iron oxide, 
  • Quinacridone gold,
  • Prussian Blue Hue
  • Antiquing cream in black and Patina.
From My Stash
  • Home made tissue paper using Andys skulduggery stamp set.
  • Gold embossing powder from Stampendous
  • Artey co moulds
  • Guilding wax
  • Bubble Lux
  • Sizzix die for the wings
  • Some triple embossed pieces on my desk.
  • Pableo Clay.






1 comment:

  1. Dee, this is fabulous!! The background is amazing and I just love the skull - the different eyes was a great touch. Love this so much!! Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.