Friday 26 July 2019

More Than Meets The Eye, by Natassa Blazaki


Hello my friends!

I’m back today with a project inspired by well-known elements of London. 

The idea first hit me, when I was trying to figure out, how to use the pieces that are included in Tando Creative Eldaro Kit. So, I took the larger of the wings and decided to make a structure that would look like the London Eye. From that point on, the project was composed so effortlessly.


I took the tag from the same kit to use it a s a base. Then I cut a bigger one, from 3mm thick greyboard and created little windows. I put the bigger tag on top of the smaller and my phone booth was ready! I added a door plate and a large cog from the Industrial Elements Kit. I shaped the subway sign with a large washer and a book plate from the same set.
For the background, I cut a panel that measured 8.5”x15”. 
Then, I printed the industryas, the old_print1 and the wfblighty_-_trans_background from Andy Skinner’s site. I also printed a subway map from the internet.


I applied a couple of coats of white chalky finish paint and by using the matte medium method, I transferred the clock and the map on the panel. Then, I cut pieces from the other pages and did some collage on top of the transferred images. In addition, I did some stenciling here and there. 


When I was happy with the composition, I used a mixture of matte gel, fluid Transparent White and Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide and created a coat on the surface that looked like melted wax. After that coat was completely dry, I added some mixed media transfers from the Poe Diversity sheet by Creative Expressions.


In the video below, you can see how I treated the greyboard elements. Mostly I wanted to achieve a grungy, rusted and distressed look on all the pieces. And, of course, all these techniques are inspired by Mr. Andy Skinner!



In the center of the London Eye, I used an acrylic pebble on which I glued a printed eye. I wrote the quote, by using letters from Andy Skinner’s new stencil by Creative Expressions, called Redemption.





I really hope you like this.
Happy weekend to all!


You can find Natassa Blazaki - Art Recipes and More in:


8x8 Stencil Made To Measure
Steampunk Stamp Set



Industrial Elements Kits
 Eldaro Kit


Lava Paste
Mixed Media Transfers Poe Diversity
Embossing Powder Granite
Stencil 7"x7" Redemption
Quick Grab Glue

 

Chalky Finish Carbon, Everlasting

Traditions Quinacridone Gold, Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide, Warm White

Media Fluids PhthaloTurquoise, Paynes Grey, Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide, Transparent White

Americana Acrylics Primary Red, Burgundy

Matte Metallics Aged Bronze

Weathered Wood

Americana Decor Crackle Medium, Wax Cream Golden Brown
Media Ultra Matte Varnish



Other supplies

Soft Matte Gel
Matte Medium
E6000 glue
Flat brushes
Fan brushes

Archival Ink Black




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.