Friday 16 August 2019

Vintage Collection, by Natassa Blazaki


Hello my dear friends!

I'm back this month with a new project and I decided to share with you something less grungy and more vintage shabby chic.

I was very much inspired by the French Fancy Transfers set by Creative Expressions which, as I noticed, coordinated perfectly with the Shabby Chic Stamp set by Stampendous. 
The first thing that came to my mind, was to create some vintage labels to put on old bottles. Then I thought of making some decorative plates to go with the bottles. I tried to create all those beautiful vintage items I’d like to showcase in a shabby chic cabinet.


So, I went to a toy store and bought some clear plastic party plates. I chose two different sizes, 6inches and 7 ½ inches diameter. Then, I went to the well known Swedish home store 😉and bought a set of three small decorative vases, that looked like apothecary bottles.

First thing I did, was to paint the plates. I started with a coat of DecoArt Metllics “Tin” and a second one with Chalky Finish “Enchanted” mixed with some “Everlasting”.


Mind you, that I as working with plastic plates and couldn’t use the heat gun to dry up the paint, so I let it dry naturally. Then, I glued the clay appliques on the plates and let those too dry completely. I brushed some Chalky Finish “Enchanted” on the appliques, trying to cover the recessed areas and give depth to their designs.

After that, I created a few washes in grayish and pinkish tones and added them on the plates with a piece of natural sponge.


I decorated the centers of the plates with designs from the stamp set and the transfers. For the bottles, I used some metal dies and cut the labels out of scrapbooking paper. I used the transfers to decorate them. Then I distressed them and glued them on the bottles with DecoArt Decoupage glue.




In order to age the bottles, I applied several washes on them in gray, pink and brown tones. I sealed them with DecoArt Matte Sealer.

As a finishing touch on the appliques, I used some Cosmic Shimmer Embossing Powder "Super Nova". 
In the video below, you can see how I did it. Because heat is necessary for the embossing powder to melt, if you're using plastic plates like I did, you'll have to do one section at the time. You have to let the plates cool down in between sections, otherwise they'll warp.









I hope you like the idea and I’d love to read your comments. 
Till next time

Happy weekend!

You can find Natassa Blazaki - Art Recipes and More in:




Shabby Chic Stamp Set



Mixed Media Transfers French Fancy
Embossing Powder Super Nova


 

Chalky Finish Carbon, Everlasting, Enchanted

Media Fluids  Paynes Grey, Raw Umber, Primary Mgenta, Diarylide Yellow

DecoArt Metallics Tin

DecoArt Decoupage Glue

DecoArt Sealer Matte



Other supplies

Aleen's Tacky Glue
Flat brushes
Natural Sponge
Plastic Party Plates
Silicon molds
Light air dry clay
Glass Vases
Sizzix Label Dies #66060
Versamark Ink
Archival Ink Black




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.