Saturday 2 October 2010

More of my samples from Trade Day

I will try to explain briefly the process I have used but it can be somewhat difficult without pictures, I am busy preparing for an event on Monday and a little pushed for time at the moment so next week I will start posting a few step by step picture tutorials.
Here are a few more pictures of the bisque displayed on Wednesday.
The vase below has been coated inside with Decoart Patio paint to make it waterproof and weather resistant.
The outside has Americana acrylic paint applied using a walnut effect. It was then stamped with embossing ink and a script stamp, Gold Perfect Pearls were then dusted on. The birds have been stamped using Light buttermilk Americana acrylic paint. When stamping with acrylic I like to add a little drying extender to the paint, this will slow the drying process of the acrylic and the  paint will wash of the stamps with ease.
Once dry the vase was finished with Americana gloss spray varnish for a glaze like appearance.



















The clock was made from a 20cm x 20cm bisque tile. I drilled a 10mm hole in the centre for the clock mechanism. Bisque drills with ease. I have a step by step pdf tutorial on my website for this process. PDF Tutorial
The clock face was stamped with Black Stazon. Gesso was then applied and allowed to dry briefly. I then stamped into the gesso using numerous stamps, misting each stamp with water first to avoid it sticking to the gesso.
While the gesso was drying I painted the frame with Americana acrylics using the walnut effect. I will post a tutorial on this technique next week.
Once the gesso was dry I chose my pallet of colours and built them up gradually finishing of with dry brushing. Detail around the clock face was added using Americana 3d writers. The clock face was then filled with triple thick varnish to give a glass like appearance.
Once dry the clock mechanism was added and the tile was fixed into the frame.













 

 
















































3 comments:

  1. They are amazing samples. the way that you have made them is so clever and easy once you know how and have the colour scheme and design sense naturally like you do!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is truly stunning!!!
    Isa

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing world of urs...thanks 4 d entry!
    yamini(india)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.