Tuesday 22 January 2013

It Cracks me up!

Thought I had better catch up on what I have been up to the past few days, my workshop last weekend was cancelled due to the awful weather so I used the time to update my website and this blog so that they kind of match and look similar, I was going to move the blog over to the website but after looking into it it's far to much hassle!

I have also been experimenting with new product and techniques, below is a book box using Decoart Texture Crackle, mediums and Traditions Acrylic paint.

Andy Skinner Altered box book decoart Texture crackle paint





















I achieved some really nice effects on this Iridescent project, needs a bit more tinkering and its hard to see  from a photo but as you turn the book cover in the light it changes from pink to purple to blue to green!


Andy Skinner Book Cover Altered decoart



Finally some more Gelli Prints.

Andy Skinner Gelli Plate Print

Andy Skinner Gelli Plate Print


















Andy Skinner Gelli Plate Print




















Thanks for reading,

Andy

7 comments:

  1. Absolutley amazing! Love that crackle effect and how you use those gelli plates! Enjoy the day and hopefully your weather will improve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a blast .awesome!
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovin' that crackle Andy, and you just keep getting better with your gelli plate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous pieces to look at, love your gelli plate prints. I spent the day crafting too on Sunday and every day since LOL.
    See you Saturday instead.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the look of your second book cover with texture of the cover showing through. Seeing your gelli plate prints makes me want to have a go too but really, I have to draw the line somewhere and just try to get better at what I'm already doing!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am looking forward to an online Gelli plate workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like art in any kind of it. Moreover, I like your style. What is more, this is real therapy where you have a rest by watching the art masterpieces. I was trying myself as an artist only in another field you may have a look at my samples at https://getfoureyes.com/s/ew7q6/ I am sure you will like it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.