Monday 18 December 2017

Andy Skinner Creative Team 2018 LAUNCH!

As the new year fast approaches it is time to start revealing Andy Skinner's Creative Team 2018 and more to come!

First up it's Monika Maksym!



"Since I can remember I have always been into arts and crafts but my real journey began in 2010 when I discovered a decoupage technique. Making and transforming everyday objects into something new and creative gave me so much joy that very quickly something that was just a hobby become my passion and full time work. 

Things that made my creativity explode was definitely mixed media techniques. I love the infinite possibilities of using it and how easy is to incorporate this into creating truly unique and beautiful designs with amazing feel and textures. 

I am a big fan of everything that’s edgy, rusty and dark. Steampunk, industrial and vintage that’s where my creative side works best. I also truly believe that craft and design can be as much functional as beautiful."

You can check out more of Monika's amazing work here;
Instagram www.instagram.com/love.creations/




Please also welcome...  Brenda Brown!

"I have designed and created things all my life even as a child in primary school I can remember designing patterns and images for my cross stitching, and it was my mum who taught me how to knit and use a sewing machine.

As I got older I loved observational drawing and studied oil painting at college. Being a full time primary school teacher prevented me from having too much time to explore my creative side whilst working but since retiring I have been able to have the luxury of designing, creating and making in my work room much more.

I love all thing vintage, shabby and timeworn and designing projects I can share through my blog or teach at workshops. I am a DecoArt Helping Artist and Tutor and a member of the Mixed Media Design Team. The DecoArt media line of paints and mediums are my go-to materials to work with and I love experimenting with and using/ mixing them with other products. 

Having worked through a variety of artistic genres over the years mixed media has definately become my style taking me all the way back to my college days."

For more of Brenda's fabulous work, please vist her links below;

Also joining us for another year of adventure... Candy Colwell!

"Hi, I’m Candy Colwell. I live in the heartland of the United States. My husband and high school sweetheart, Vic, and I have two wonderful children and four precious grandchildren. 

I have always had art in my life. I love expressing myself through my art. I started out as a paper crafter and have really found my passion in mixed media art. I get bored easily and mixed media affords me the opportunity to explore all sorts of arsty avenues because the creative possibilities are endless. Andy Skinner is my “Mixed Media Guru”. I think of him as an illusionist because he can literally transform DecoArt’s fabulous paints and other mediums into anything he imagines them to be. That fascinates me! I tend to gravitate to dimensional art, texture and detail in my work. Be it vintage, grungy and distressed, steampunk or something soft and shabby, I love it all! 

My art has been published in print and online magazines as well as various websites. I am an educator. I not only love to help students create something but explain how and why products react the way they do. I am probably best known for my lengthy pictorial tutorials on my blog.  This way, I can not only teach in a classroom setting but also online.  I try to be a versatile artist; creating anything from dimensional home décor pieces to art journal pages.  I am so honored to have done design work and guest artist spots for some wonderful companies." 

Visit Candy's awesome sites to find out more;

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic Team xx Look forward to viewing their makes and learning techniques etc

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huge congratulations to three very talented ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biggest congrats! What an amazing team this will be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations all. You all are so talented and well deserved!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.