Sunday 14 April 2019

Hidden - Upcycled tape pen, light bulb and Andy elements

My project this month is called 'Hidden'
So many of us are going through things that no-one else can see.
 I love how the bulb looks like an eye from above.
I have been using tape runners in my classes for a long time now and I was determined to find a way to use them in a project rather than just throw them away!
 The wire flower bent into a flower shape and pushed into the plastic roller that the tape used to wind around. I layered up some of Andy's elements to make a mechanical flower centre.
The oval shaped area in the middle is an inner part of the runner.
The flower at the bottom of the bulb is the bigger part of the roller mechanism....I heated it with a heat gun until it melted and folded into a flower shape, which was the perfect holder for the bulb!
Scraps of lace and sequin on a roll were layered across the tag.

I stamped and embossed some of the words from Andy's 'Word Up' set, stuck the words inside paperclips and added them to more twisted wire. For more details and steps, have a look at my blog https://craftyhumphreys.blogspot.com/.

Thanks for looking.
Suz
xxx

Products used:
DecoArt: White gesso, Decoupage Glue, Media Fluid Acrylics; Titan Buff, Prussian Blue, Quinacridone Gold, Raw Umber, Rusty Wire, paper clips, lace, sequin on a roll, elements from the Andy's kits.





3 comments:

  1. That's absolutely fabulous Suz, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Discover the Official Trapstar Clothing Shop for Men and Women. Our store offers a diverse collection of hoodies, shirts, and more.
    https trapstar-hoodie/

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.