Friday 22 October 2010

Cath Kidston Stylee

I came across some Cath Kidston napkins in Cargo this week and thought I would have a go at napkin decor onto some pottery items using Decoart Clear Coat Patio Paint.
Below are my first attempts.
Apologies for the quality of the pictures, I only had my phone camera!
Napkin Decor
I first base coated the money box with gold acrylic. Once dry I applied a coat of Decoart Weathered wood. It was then left to dry for one hour. You can speed up the drying process with a heat tool.
Terrimundi gold
A coat of Decoart Blue Spa was then applied. Immediately the cracks started to appear revealing the gold laying beneath. I then stamped the moneybox with Black Stazon ink.
Terrimundi weathered wood
Next job was to cut out the strawberries from the napkin and separate the napkin ply. I only want to use the imprinted part.
Cath Kidston napkin
Clear Coat was then applied to the area on the moneybox where I wanted the strawberries.  The design was then adhered to the coated surface before it dried.
Patio Paint Clear
Once all the strawberries were in place the piece was finished with a final coat of Clear Coat.

DSC_0562 (Small)




1 comment:

  1. Looks brilliant! Love the crackle effect!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.