Friday 17 August 2012

Industrial Shabby

Below is a picture frame which has been cast for the Outcasts Workshop,  I have been working on new paint effects recently, toning down from good old raw rust to more of an industrial look with Shabby undertones… does that even make sense??… it does in my head anyway :)

 

andy skinner industrial page

Next up is a little sketch which has been coloured with Traditions translucent and semi translucent acrylic's to give a water colour effect, I am going to play with this effect a little more I think!

DSC_0125 (Mobile) 

Guess what?? I have Just visited my YouTube channel and to my amazement I have tipped over 100,000 video views!!!….. So….. in celebration tomorrow I am going to give away a piece of artwork, not sure what yet but watch this space :)….

I so miss the Olympics….. roll on the Paralympics!

Andy

9 comments:

  1. Hi Andy - congrats on topping your 100,000 viewings ..... brilliant! Love your "little sketch" those translucent acrylics give a beautiful effect.......makes you want to walk down that road and look in those arches to see what's there.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it makes sense or not BUT I do know I LOVE the look of the shabby undertones, industrial rust! The frame is great w/all the design elements. LOVE it! The sketch is fantastic! I want to "touch" the stone walls. CONGRATS on you U-Tube views! COOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing effects you have created Andy both on the frame and your sketch.
    Congrats on so many utube views.
    Hugs Brenda xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my....how long to wait? The frame looks awesome. See me scratching with my feets...? (:o) Your sketch is brilliant and i wouldn't call it sketch and congrats to be in vogue on YouTube. Have a nice weekend.
    Elly

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an accomplishment! Love your works!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Outcasts artwork is very very cool. Great effect achieved. The painting is super too.

    Congrats on so many youtube views!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the You Tube views Andy. Stunning frame and the painting........WOW. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don`t know which one I like most - frame or painting! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving the frame and industria look with shabby undertones makes sense in my head too!!

    Well done on all the hits (non painful types).

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.