Wednesday 19 August 2015

Easy Image Transfer


If you follow me on Facebook, you might have seen this image transfer canvas I made recently as a gift for my daughter. The image shows my grandchildren.

I used a plywood substrate painted with Americana Decor Chalky Finish from DecoArt, which gives a lovely smooth surface for transferring onto. I added a layer of Carbon Chalky Finish first then (once dry) a coat of Everlasting Chalky Finish. I sanded back the top coat on the edges to reveal some of the Carbon paint beneath.

I then applied the picture using an image transfer technique with DecoArt Media Matte Medium and a home printed image (laser prints work best for this). Below are a couple of videos to show you how easy it is to create this kind of transfer for yourself. 

I think a little piece of art like this makes a wonderful personalised gift, especially for Christmas or a special event like a Christening or Wedding.

Image Transfer Media Matte Medium
This video shows you how to perfectly transfer a printed image using Media Matte Medium - it's a really easy technique that produces very cool, professional-looking results.

Image Transfer Opacity and Colouring
If you want to take the technique a little further then this video shows you how to do just that, by adding opaque areas and coloured areas to your transfer.

You can find more information about the DecoArt Media mediums over on their website.

I am planning to blog more regularly now (famous last words!) so watch this space!

Andy

5 comments:

  1. Looks fantastic Andy and great to see you blogging again

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make it look so easy. Love the image transfer opacity and colouring. I definitely have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow fab loved the videos thank you. What type of paper did you print on please x

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.