Thursday 14 July 2016

We Dared.. you Created!


Well, what a fabulous, fun-filled and furious weekend I had at Dare to Create with Tracy Weinzapfel. Two days of mixed media workshops were topped off with a live, interactive Dare to Create session which we taught jointly on Sunday afternoon. I'm worn out but elated by the wonderful comments from the students who came along - thank you all for your lovely feedback and more so for giving Tracy such a warm welcome on her debut appearance in the UK.

Here we are looking fetching in our handmade aprons, courtesy of Debbie Martin. Pink's my colour don't you think?

My Saturday Workshop
Tracy's Saturday Workshop

I've known Tracy for quite a long time and she wasn't going to get away without a prank or two on my part - I might have hidden eight alarm clocks in her room and set them to go off a few minutes apart. She got off pretty lightly really! I expect she's already plotting her revenge for when I go to the States later in the year...


Thanks to everyone for embracing and joining in with our tomfoolery and wearing your 'Tracy, is it dry yet' caps with pride! (If this reference is lost on you, check out pretty much any video of Tracy's and just watch!)

There were so many creative variations coming out from the students - fabulous to see so many people embracing their creativity.

Artwork by Brenda Brown

Artwork by Carol Findon

Artwork by Suz Humphreys

Thank you to everyone who came along and to Art Workshops for organising the weekend. We hope you had as much fun as we did and that we'll see you all again sometime.


Tracy and I will be appearing together again at the Ministry of Mixology weekend retreat in Chicago this October. There are still a few places remaining and we'd LOVE it if you'd come and join us!




11 comments:

  1. A fabulous weekend full of great fun and amazing creativity. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was simply the best! The fun, the laughter, the people and of course the fab Andy Skinner and Tracey Weinzapfel Stratton who made it such an amazing weekend! Thanks guys! Carol Findon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pink is definitely your colour Andy! So sorry I had to miss what looked like a fabulous weekend, but looking forward to November...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was fabulous from beginning to end! We must do it again sometime ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was fabulous from beginning to end! We must do it again sometime ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a wonderful time you and Tracy are such a scream hope you are not too scarred xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Summer is my favorite season, buy you're really making me wish it was over so I could get to my classes in Chicago!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cannot wait to do it all again. Please. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had such a lovely time. Great workshops and wonderful people. Thanks for posting my project pics Andy! Suz Humphreys (aka Surrey Crafts!).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Had such a lovely time. Great workshops and wonderful people. Thanks for posting my project pics Andy! Suz Humphreys (aka Surrey Crafts!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. So upset I couldn't be there but glad you all had fun. See you all in November xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.