Sunday 31 May 2020

Inhale Exhale Mixed Media Tag By Heather Thompson

I hope this finds everyone well and safe. I have been busy on my end, and my art has taken a back burner.
I am really struggling on finding  the time to create. Between work and the kids being home 24/7 and home school. There has not been much me time. This tag took me about 2 weeks to complete and that is not normal for me. I have so many projects I want to do, its's just a matter of getting time.....only 1 more weeks of home school.  We are almost done, No Summer school for this momma!!!!
I would love to share a tag I made with Andy's rice paper's and rub-ons. I wanted to make something vintage looking. My mother had given me a numerous things of my opa who had passed. Old postcards, stamps, receipts, I think he saved everything. I wanted to incorporate them onto a project.
Andy Skinner Large Tag
A short video of the creative process.
Here are a few close-ups.
Andy Skinner Large Tag 1
Using the flaming hearts, I used some thin scripture paper to cover the background. I added a vintage look with a combo of Quinn Gold and Paynes Gray  before adding a epoxy resin to the centre of each heart.
Andy Skinner Large Tag 3
Andy Skinner Large Tag 2
Using the "inhale exhale" from the book inserts, I added a little title to the tag.
Andy Skinner Large Tag 6
Thank you for stopping by today, Enjoy and look for more projects to come with the new released rub-ons and stamps.
black and white head shot
 
Creative Expressions
Andy Skinner
Rub On Transfers
Stencils:
Stamps
Mixed Media Pastes/Paints
Paint
Rice Paper

1 comment:

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.