Sunday 25 March 2012

Getting in touch with my feminine side!

Hi all,

A couple of things to report on, a new mixed media canvas and a fantastic Steampunk workshop yesterday.
I was at the Stamp Attic in Wantage yesterday holding my Steampunk secret book workshop, and just had share some pictures of the finished pieces, they turned out amazing!
A big hello to everyone on the workshop and to Wendy and her staff for looking after us so well.
Ps… thanks for the lovely cake!


Now on to the new Mixed media canvas….warning, I have used pink and reached out for my feminine side!! lol

Lots of texture has been added to the canvas before painting with a mix of Decoart Tradition's and Americana acrylic paint.


Finally my Sizzix Big Shot came out to play,  I cut the letters from 300 gsm card with the TH Typeset die and the flourish was cut from Grungeboard using the TH Elegant Flourishes.

Inspiration for this canvas came from Decoart.

Have a good day,

Andy

10 comments:

  1. Both projects are fab Andy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This side of you is as good as the other :).Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Book Covers are fantastic and loving the mixed media canvas the colours are perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOOOH I love the steampunk secret book !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andy, thanks for a great workshop! Your tips and tricks are just great, and I have bought a BIG roll of masking tape. I finished off the inside of the secret drawer with a printed page using the serif steampunk CraftArtist disks. Finally used them!

    Looking forward to the next time! Thanks again Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those colours on the canvas & I want one of those steampunk books, they are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andy, we had such a fab day and thank you so much for teaching us lots of amazing new things!! We loved it :) sorry we had to leave so abruptly!! Also hello to the lovely peeps we shared the class with, so lovely to meet you all yesterday :)
    So glad you enjoyed the cake :) I am trying to ply Wendy with cake so she doesn't mind too much when we shriek with excitement when we visit her shop :)
    Looking forward to attending another class with you :) thanks again!

    Gayle and Suzanne from Wales xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone, your comments are really appreciated and keep me going!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Andy, as usual fabulous videos! I can't get enough of them. You teach me something new each time I watch them over and over again!!! I have another question. After I do a background of the alcohol ink, can I use my acrylic paint to paint a floral design over the alcohol background? Thanks Andy and keep sending the great lessons! Hugs Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes Vicki you can as Acrylic is water based and will not react with the dried ink

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.