Thursday 29 March 2018

Two Way Mixed Media Canvas by Phoebe Tonosaki

Hello friends, 
Phoebe is here to share a simple shabby chic canvas
using just a few items that you very possibility will have in your stash.

We all want the complete set of yummy products from the catalog but 
unfortunately the reality is always against it.
So when we pick up our medium, even though we may have limited colors,
we still can do a beautiful gorgeous piece with it.

 
I used the new Andy Skinner Tando  Compendium kit for the texture

On the top I painted with Americana Chalky finish paint.
This product give a very vintage distressed atmosphere just simply by
painting in on !

When I am sure the position is right,
I stamped with the Andy Skinner Stampendous sets 


After that, I used the fluid acrylic wash technique only
using two colors . It can be any colors that you have on hand.
This project, I do not want to paint all over the surface, 
instead, I emphasized on the corners,
on where the texture stays the most.

I wanted to create a two way look. So I put some embellishments on the 
different angle as well.

The final touch is to use Fluid acrylic Carbon black to highlight
here and there.
Lastly, I used the  Metallic Lustre to add up a bit sheen
so the piece is not too dull.


It was a simple but satisfying project.
I hope you will like it too









Stampendous Cling Mounted Rubber Stamps
Toxic
Steampunk


DecoArt Media Fluid Acrylics

Cobalt Teal Hue
Primary Magenta
Carbon Black

Americana Chalky Finish Paint Artifact

DecoArt Metallic Lustre
 Black Shimmer


Phoebe Tonosaki
www.phoebetonosaki.com
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/phoebetonosaki/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.