Hi Everyone! I must be the crazy lady with all the huge altered projects. I was at the discount store and saw this awesome clock, bought it, and tore it all apart, added a number of Andy Skinner Industrial Elements, and altered the daylights out of it.
For photo purposes I took the glass out. But this is what the clock somewhat looked like after I tore it all apart.
I took the back panel off and the outer ring.
Using a thick piece of cardboard, I traced the outer circle and cut into smaller pieces.
I distressed the edges of each piece and then glued it all together.
After I added a layer of gesso, I painted with layer after layer of DecoArt Fluid Acrylicsfor just the right grunge look.
After I got the background really how I like it. I decided to wrap all the numbers on the clock with metal tape. Using a thick crackle glaze to get the aged look, I used a bit of a dirty wash to highlight the cracks on the numbers.
I thought the centre of the clock could use something so I added an additional clock face from the Compendium kit in the centre. Altering the Industrial Elements I added more gears, and bolt heads.
I used the texture sand paste to add more details to all of the pieces and with fine attention to details. I fit extra gears in here and there.
After all was said and done, the inner rim was a little tight and needed some trimming but it all came together great. I put in a battery and perfect, the clock actually worked, It still would have been a great project even if the clock didn't work, but I am so glad it did.
I hope you enjoy the project and look forward to my next crazy project.
Have a great creative Day!
Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide
Cobalt Turquoise Hue
Ultra Matte Varnish
Texture Sand Paste