Wednesday 17 July 2019

Carnival Tag by Nikki K


Morning all,

Today I have a quick and simple tag to share with you, using Andy's new Lava Paste, Embossing Powder and Mixed Media Transfers.  I absolutely love all of these products, and they are super easy to use.


I started by painting a tag with a cream chalk paint, and then a light covering of Dioxazine Purple, making it darker in places to look 'dragged' down the tag.  I took a background stamp, and stamped over with embossing ink, and embossed with clear embossing powder to keep the colour of the tag but give texture.

I added some of Andy's fab transfers in places on the tag, not using all of the transfer but taking it over the edges.  It stood out a bit as my background was quite glossy, and the transfers have a more matte background, so I added some purple ink across the top of the tag to blend the transfers in.  You can still see them perfectly through it.

I had a wooden skull from Halloween last year, so decided to use it, and applied a layer of Lava Paste and heated.  It gave fantastic texture!  To make it stand out even more, I pushed the skull into my embossing ink pad, and embossed with Super Nova embossing powder.
The edge of the tag got the same treatment.  I also added a wash of Dioxazine Purple to the skull so it sank into the crevices of the texture.


Andy's transfers work equally well straight onto Cardstock, so I used the word Carnival, and cut out and inked with a little purple ink, and mounted on the tag.  A dark purple ribbon was added to finish.


Hope it gives you some inspiration. x

Best Wishes,

Nikki K
xxx


If you would like to know
more about my work
You can find me at:

Products Used:

Lava Paste
Embossing Powder - Super Nova
Mixed Media Transfers - Poe Diversity/Alchemy Plus

DecoArt Media - Dioxazine Purple.
Americana Decor - Lace Chalk Paint.

Stampendous - Andy Skinner Texture Stamp.

Other Supplies:
Versamark Embossing Ink.
Versafine Imperial Purple Ink.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.