Friday 17 January 2020

Upcycled Bottle, Found Treasure and Broken Jewellery

It took just 4 fab products, 3 small rusty found objects and a bit of lace and pearl trim from my stash to give a wine bottle a bit of a facelift. I was just looking for an excuse to use Andy's new rice papers. I added some lava paste through his Crocodile Stencil - that worked well over the papers. Some lace and beaded trim around the neck from my large stash of vintagy bits. Then, I made a dangly charm thingy. For that I used broken jewellery chain with some charms on it, some found rusty objects (safety pin, metal washer and a piece of wire) along with a piece of shrink plastic stamped using Andy's Gypsy Queen stamp. I pinned my dangly decoration through the lace around the neck to secure. Then finished off by adding my candle.
 
 The Lava Paste applies so easily on dimensional surfaces.



 The bottle will work well as a candle holder, and all the drips of wax will add even more texture.
Amazing how different the colours look when photographed during daylight (on the left) and at night (on the right). Thanks so much for looking. You'll find a more detailed step by step here
Rhe products I've used, along with a link to them, are listed below.

Products used:
Floral Grunge Rice Paper
Lava Paste
Gypsy Queen Stamp
Crocodile Stencil

You can find all these products HERE. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always read and very much appreciated.